There are many different types of spiders in Arizona, but some are more common than others. In this blog post, we will discuss the most common spiders in Arizona and what you can do to get rid of them. We’ll also provide some tips on effective spider removal so you can keep your home safe and pest-free!
What are the most common spiders in Arizona?
The most common spiders in Arizona are the brown recluse spider, the black widow spider, and the American house spider. These spiders can be dangerous and should be removed as soon as possible.
Brown Recluse Spiders
Based on the name you’ve probably guessed, these spiders are brown in color. They are violin shaped and have 6 eyes, which is a pretty rate among spiders. Their legs are unifomly light colored with no stipes or bands. They grow up to 3/8 of an inch long.
Black Widow Spiders
The black widow spider is black in color and has a red hourglass shape on their belly. They grow up to half an inch long and have round bellies with no hair or stripes.
They are very dangerous spiders because of the venom they carry, which can cause muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, seizure, cramping muscles and abdominal pain.
American House Spiders
American house spiders are about 3/16 to 5/16 of an inch and are typically a light brown color. Their legs vary from their body and are yellow with dark rings. You can identify the American house spider by the dark markings they have on their abdomen.
These spiders are not venomous and will generally only cause skin irritation if they bite you. They build their webs in dark, dry corners of ceilings, basements, garages, and other indoor spaces.
What attracts spiders to your home?
Most species of spiders are attracted by similar things. They are typically all looking for food, water, and shelter in order to survive. Some of the most common things that attract spiders to your home are:
- Standing water – If you have collections of water around your property in gutters, bird baths, or other objects this will attract spiders.
- Leaving lights on when it’s dark out – Lights attract other insects which act as food for spiders, so they tend to hang around light fixtures in order to catch their next meal.
- Dark places to create webs – They like to create webs in areas away from humans which means the ideal environment for them is in dark, secluded corners of your home and property.
Does killing spiders attract more?
A common myth is that killing one spider attracts more spiders to your home. This myth came about because of the idea that dead spiders emit chemicals which attract other spiders to their location and it’s been around for a long time. However, there is no actual scientific evidence that this happens at all so you don’t need to worry about having an infestation after squishing one spider.
What’s the best way to kill spiders
There are a variety of different ways to kill spiders. Some of the best that we have found include:
- Squish them with a paper towel or tissue.
- Vacuum them up along with their webs.
- Use a pest bomb that you can find at your local hardware store.
- Use insect sprays to kill them.
- Contact a pest control company.
Best spider removal company in Arizona
Termio is one of the best spider removal companies in Arizona. We are a family owned and operated company based in the Phoenix area. We pride ourselves on offering high quality services for our neighbors throughout the Tempe area.